- How to get on agency books: a guide for freelance translatorsPlay the long game, and make your next application count.
- Skopos theory, and the scope of your translationsA brief look into Skopos theory, and how it transfers to real-life translation jobs.
- What is the difference between freelance translators and translation agencies?A guide to finding the right translation service for your needs
- Loan words, diversity, and the evolution of languageTo borrow, or not to borrow, that is the question.
- Dynamic and Formal equivalence: putting translation theory into practice.How close should you stick to the meaning of the source text in translation?
Hello! My name is Gill and I’m a professional French – English translator and Translation Project manager. I work freelance, from my home in the UK. I’m a British English speaker, and from a very young age I’ve been interested in languages and culture.
Contact me, or connect with me on LinkedIn.
Subscribe to That Translation Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.